Things You'd Never Know If It Weren't For the Movies
1. The ventilation system of any building is the perfect hiding place. No one will ever think of looking for you in there and you can travel to any other part of the building you want without difficulty.
2. You're very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.
3. Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it is not necessary to speak the language. A German accent will do.
4. A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating, but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
5. If staying in a haunted house, women must investigate any strange noises in their most diaphanous underwear, which is just what they happened to be carrying with them at the time the car broke down.
6. If a large pane of glass is visible, someone will be thrown through it before long.
7. If someone says, "I'll be right back", they won't.
8. Computer monitors never display a cursor on screen but always say: Enter Password Now.
9. It is not necessary to say hello or goodbye when beginning or ending phone conversations. And none of your friends have to knock when they come for a visit.
10. Even when driving down a perfectly straight road, it is necessary to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few moments.
11. All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.
12. A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.
13. If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone around you will automatically be able to mirror all the steps you come up with and hear the music in your head.
14. Police departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are deliberately assigned a partner who is their total opposite.
15. When they are alone, all foreigners prefer to speak English to each other.
16. During all police investigations, it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.
17. If being chased through town, you can usually take cover in a passing St. Patrick's Day parade at any time of year.
18. The Chief of Police will almost always suspend his star detective, or give him 48 hours to finish the job.
19. All grocery bags contain at least one stick of French Bread.
20. The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.
21. If you need to reload your gun, you will always have more ammunition, even if you haven't been carrying any before now.
22. If your town is threatened by an imminent natural disaster or killer beast, the mayor's first concern will be the tourist trade or his forthcoming art exhibition.
23. When paying for a taxi, don't look at your wallet as you take out a bill; just grab one at random and hand it over. It will always be the exact fare.
24. Kitchens don't have light switches. When entering a kitchen at night, you should open the fridge door and use that light instead.
25. Mothers routinely cook eggs, bacon and waffles for their family every morning even though their husband and children never have time to eat it.
27. Cars that crash will almost always burst into flames.
27. All telephone numbers in America begin with the digits 555.
28. A single match will be sufficient to light up a room the size of RFK stadium.
29. Medieval peasants had perfect teeth.
30. Any person waking from a nightmare will sit bolt upright and pant.
31. When a person is knocked unconscious by a blow to the head, they will never suffer a concussion or brain damage.
32. Once applied, lipstick will never rub off - even while scuba diving.
33. You can always find a chainsaw when you need one.
34. Any lock can be picked by a credit card or a paper clip in seconds- unless it's the door to a burning building with a child trapped inside.
35. Television news bulletins usually contain a story that affects you personally at the precise moment that it is aired.
PS. Το Νο.7 δεν ισχύει γιά τον Schwarzenegger, ο οποίος ως γνωστόν, πάντα επιστρέφει