Προς το περιεχόμενο

The Secret World

kostacurtas

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

The Secret World

Two screenshots of Funcomʼs next MMO, The Secret World, have appeared. Semi-officially put out, theyʼre from Funcomʼs quarterly report, and theyʼre confirmed as for real by lead dev, Ragnar Tørnquist. In fact, he says on his blog that he took them himself.

For anyone who would rather just be told what the heck is going on, for now just take note of quite how fantastic the gameʼs looking. MMO, remember. When was the last time you saw an MMO set in a regular looking town? (Albeit filled with what look like zombies). It all looks pretty spiffy just now. Tørnquist comments,

"I canʼt say much (although that day is rapidly approaching) but Iʼll say this: It definitely means something. The shots are real and undoctored - I captured them myself from the latest build of the game last Thursday. Yes, thatʼs a real location in the game, not a proof-of-concept or a demo level. And no, of course itʼs not done. I think the game looks absolutely fantastic, but itʼs going to look even more absolutely fantastic when itʼs released."

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• 5 μήνες μετά...
  • Απαντ. 585
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση

Συχνή συμμετοχή στο θέμα

Funcom Overhauls Secret World

Age of Conan developer Funcom has revealed it has made "big changes" to its upcoming MMO, The Secret World.

According to game designer Ragnar Tørnquist, while the setting and overall concept remain unchanged, the developer is overhauling some gameplay elements.

"The story and the setting is the same as it’s been since the early 00’s. The locations, the conspiracies and mysteries, the vast history, intriguing characters and fantastical creatures, the light and the darkness - it’s all there", said Tørnquist.

"The gameplay is going through a redesign - for the better, let me assure you - and we’re revisiting content produced in the past two years to lift it up to a whole new level. Not necessarily graphically, because the game already looks amazing, but to link everything thematically, to emphasise the importance of the story, to add contrast and drama and spectacle, to create a world that people will want to experience and live in. Permanently."

The Secret World is set on Earth in the present day and will aparently combine contemporary elements with magic, mythology and conspiracy. The game uses the same engine as Age of Conan.

"We want The Secret World to stand out and be remembered - obviously. To not be just another MMORPG, a WoW clone, of which there are already too many," added Tørnquist.

"We’re going to play up the strengths of our universe and differentiate ourselves in both the setting and the gameplay - and particularly in how players can become exactly who they want to be, their secret selves, both visually and in terms of powers. Everyday adventurers and superheroes; guardians of the secret world; champions of Gaia. Warriors. Explorers. Cryptologists. Cryptozoologists. Mystics. Magi. Demonologists. Storytellers. Historians. Travellers. Lovers."

No release date has been confirmed, although Tørnquist recently stated "2009 will be the year where [players] learn about the secret world."

Funcom Overhauls Secret World

Age of Conan developer Funcom has revealed it has made "big changes" to its upcoming MMO, The Secret World.

According to game designer Ragnar Tørnquist, while the setting and overall concept remain unchanged, the developer is overhauling some gameplay elements.

"The story and the setting is the same as it’s been since the early 00’s. The locations, the conspiracies and mysteries, the vast history, intriguing characters and fantastical creatures, the light and the darkness - it’s all there", said Tørnquist.

"The gameplay is going through a redesign - for the better, let me assure you - and we’re revisiting content produced in the past two years to lift it up to a whole new level. Not necessarily graphically, because the game already looks amazing, but to link everything thematically, to emphasise the importance of the story, to add contrast and drama and spectacle, to create a world that people will want to experience and live in. Permanently."

The Secret World is set on Earth in the present day and will aparently combine contemporary elements with magic, mythology and conspiracy. The game uses the same engine as Age of Conan.

"We want The Secret World to stand out and be remembered - obviously. To not be just another MMORPG, a WoW clone, of which there are already too many," added Tørnquist.

"We’re going to play up the strengths of our universe and differentiate ourselves in both the setting and the gameplay - and particularly in how players can become exactly who they want to be, their secret selves, both visually and in terms of powers. Everyday adventurers and superheroes; guardians of the secret world; champions of Gaia. Warriors. Explorers. Cryptologists. Cryptozoologists. Mystics. Magi. Demonologists. Storytellers. Historians. Travellers. Lovers."

No release date has been confirmed, although Tørnquist recently stated "2009 will be the year where [players] learn about the secret world."

• 1 μήνα μετά...

Funcom Readying The Secret World Reveal

Nearly two years after the game was first announced, Age of Conan and The Longest Journey developer Funcom is ready to be "a little less secret" about The Secret World.

The studio has revealed that it will begin "to lift the veil" by showing the MMO behind closed doors at this year's Game Developers Conference, which runs from March 23-27. Director Ragnar Tornquist--creator of the The Longest Journey series-- will be on hand to discuss the title and provide new details.

Unlike most massively multiplayer online role-playing games, the PC and Xbox 360 title is set in the present day, with the stated goal "to create a detailed world where players feel empowered and part of something big, something mystical and epic."

i494658_1157049b67f31ea0bc.jpg

i494668_1157049b67f3d12dcd.jpg

i494673_1157049b67f3e7d43e.jpg

i494667_1157049b67f42ce2fe.jpg

• 4 εβδομάδες αργότερα...

Interview: Tørnquist On The Secret World

Funcom’s contemporary dark fantasy, The Secret World, is an MMO with a cliffhanger ending. So says its creator, Ragnar Tørnquist. In fact, it’s claims like this that make this one of the most significant MMOs currently in development. Hell, with CCP not having released any details at all for World Of Darkness, this is probably the most interesting forthcoming MMO we’re aware of. Anyway: braving the nightmarish audio confusion of my echoing speakerphone interview setup, Funcom’s project lead took some time out to talk about the game, with its conspiracy theories and modern mythologies, and his feelings about high heels. Of course I didn’t start by asking any relevant questions, and asked about Anarchy Online instead...

• 3 μήνες μετά...

Funcom Announcing New Details For The Secret World at PAX

Some all new information regarding Funcom’s upcoming MMORPG project, The Secret World, will be revealed at the upcoming Penny Arcade Expo. The company teased that they’ll “let quite a few secrets out of the bag” regarding the game.

The Secret World was initially announced way back in March 2007, but not a whole lot of new information has been revealed on the game since. The game will take place both in real and mythical worlds, as your player characters fights against monsters that threaten the world.

Unlike most MMORPGs, The Secret World appears to be a MMO that will have a narrative conclusion, though Funcom has said that it is possible the game’s story will be extended through expansions.

Additionally, Funcom also announced that the Age of Conan expansion pack will be shown at PAX, as well as new features coming to the game in the near future.

Δημιουργήστε ένα λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Εγγραφείτε με νέο λογαριασμό στην κοινότητα μας. Είναι πανεύκολο!

Δημιουργία νέου λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Συνδεθείτε τώρα
  • Δημιουργία νέου...