Προς το περιεχόμενο

Κοινό δίκτυο

veteranos123

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

How to Change Active Network Names on Windows 10

The very first time that you connect to a network, Windows automatically creates a network profile and stores it on your computer. Your computer can then automatically connect to the network in the future, the good news is that it is possible to rename or change active network names to make them more descriptive on the operating system.

A wireless network profile will use the SSID of the wireless network.

The tutorial will show you how to change the name of a wired network (eg: Ethernet) or wireless (eg: Wi-Fi) network profile on your Windows 10 pc to any name you want.

We recommend you to back up the Windows Registry before you make any changes to the registry. Check out how to backup and Restore windows registry.

• Open the Start Menu. or press Windows+R button
  • Type regedit.exe and select the result to open the Registry Editor.
  • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
  • Network name change
  • Windows lists all network connections with a unique ID and you need to click on each to check the ProfileName variable of it until you find the network name that you want to change
  • Double-click on ProfileName once you have found the right entry
  • Type a new name you want for the network profile, and click/tap on the ok button
  • Once you finished the task, you can close Registry Editor.

Another method of changing the Network name

You can change without registry for this you have to enter in  Local Security Policy 

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type secpol.msc, and click/tap on OK to open Local Security  Policy.
  2. Click/tap on Network List Manager Policies in the left pane of Local Security Policy
  3. In the right pane of Network List Manager Policies, double click/tap on the network name
  4. Select Name under the Name section, type a new name you want for the network profile and click/tap on the ok button.
  5. Once you have finished, you can close the Local Security Policy. You are Done now just try it

How to Change Active Network Names on Windows 10

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• 10 μήνες μετά...

Hi there, 
I have been having issues with HP Printer Error Code Oxc4eb827f  on my Hp Printer. Which was very irritating sometimes. Then I searched for the solution to the issue that led me to a website where I found a few steps to resolve these kinds of issues. 
If you are facing the same issue then I am sharing a link, just go through the link and resolve any kind of issue on your own. 
If anyone wants to give a better solution to this issue then kindly share here. 

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

Δημιουργήστε ένα λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Εγγραφείτε με νέο λογαριασμό στην κοινότητα μας. Είναι πανεύκολο!

Δημιουργία νέου λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Συνδεθείτε τώρα
  • Δημιουργία νέου...