Προς το περιεχόμενο

Starcraft 2

privateer

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Επισκέπτης

Όποιος έχει δει τα επεισόδια του South Park όπου ο Cartman περιμένει το Nintendo Wii, ξέρει ΑΚΡΙΒΩΣ πως αισθανόμουν όταν περίμενα το Oblivion. Το Morrowind ήταν (και παρέμεινε) το αγαπημένο μου παιχνίδι. "Come ooooon! Come ooooooooon!"

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• Απαντ. 3,9k
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση

Συχνή συμμετοχή στο θέμα

Terran Faction Demonstration:

Among the new abilities demonstrated were the sniping and call-down abilities of the Ghosts. As the name implies, sniping is used to take out infantry units in a single shot. The call-down ability functions like the nuclear strike ability, but instead of a nuke falling out of the sky, a capsule lands in the area the Ghost has targeted and 6 or so marines jump out.

The Battlecruiser's new photon missile ability was another highlight. Two Battlecruisers targeted a large cluster of marines and let off a volley of missiles that completely wiped them out. It wasn't exactly clear if you could only have one or the other, but it seems like you choose to have a Battlecruiser specialize in this ability or the classic Yamato cannon ability from the original game.

The next unit demonstrated was the new Thor unit. The build order for the Thor unit is actually under the SCV's advanced buildings menu as opposed to be built in a standard building. Once complete, the building transforms into the unit. The video then showed off the unit's artillery strike ability. You simply target a building and the unit will launch a prolonged artillery strike against it. When it was demonstrated in the video, the game appeared to switch over to an in-game cutscene where the camera was zoomed in and positioned directly behind the Thor unit along with a heavy DOF effect on everything everything in the background. In this case, it targeted and completely destroyed a command center. Browder later mentioned that some of the unit abilities in the video were exaggerated for effect. When I used that ability against a Protoss Nexus, there was no cutscene and I only succeeded in completely depleting its shield. I don't think I actually did any damage to the building.

The video then demonstrated how a Thor's slow turning speed can be taken advantage of by the new Cobra unit. Functioning like the old Vulture units, a handful of Cobras circled the Thor while firing at it. Since the Thor has so much difficulty turning, it was barely able to keep up with the Cobras which pecked away at its health.

Campaign Demonstration:

Once Browder finished showing off the Terran faction, Rob Pardo took over and showed off the first glimpse of the campaign mode. He started off by giving a history of what Blizzard had tried to accomplish in the campaign modes from the previous games. With SCII, they want to build off of SCI's briefing room and WCIII's map that gave the player a rough idea of the layout of the world.

The scene opened with the camera focused on a planet (I think it was Mar Sara). It then zooms backwards and reveals the hull of a battlecruiser (the Hyperion). It continues to zoom further back until the camera stops in the main briefing room where we see three characters: James Raynor, Tychus Findlay (the marine from the announcement trailer), and Raynor's second-in-command (I forgot his name). Pardo then reveals that the Terran campaign focuses on Raynor's story. He says that the past four years have been tough on Raynor and he's become a bit of a booze hound. It appears that Raynor is trying to create a rag-tag group of followers to help him accomplish his goals.

I should probably mention at this point that this is all done using the in-game engine. The visuals look surprisingly sharp. Of course it should be noted that the models used in the scene are made up of a lot more polygons than the ones used during gameplay. Pardo then clicks on Raynor's second-in-command and a list of prompts appear. You can choose what Raynor asks each character as well as his responses to questions when asked by other characters. Pardo clicks on Findlay which initiates a similar series of exchanges. There are a number of computer displays in the background which he mentions can be used to access different options.

The interface is very reminiscent of classic point-and-click adventure games. Pardo clicks on a set of stairs and Raynor follows them down into the engineering bay where he bumps into a disgruntled subordinate who mutters something as he passes by. Raynor speaks with his ship's engineering expert who tells him that the men are growing restless and might mutiny soon if they aren't paid. It's then revealed that you must "buy" new units and upgrades. That is if you wish to build the new Viking units, you must buy the ability to build them beforehand. Pardo goes ahead and buys the Viking unit and then returns back to the bridge/briefing room. He then clicks on the map in the center which shows off a handful of planets. By clicking on one, the camera zooms in and narrates some history and lore regarding that particular planet. Pardo then reveals a new aspect of the campaign mode. You can choose the order of the missions you take. He then zooms out and chooses another planet and decides to accept a mission there.

In this mission, the players job is to retrieve a Xel' Naga artifact guarded by Protoss. Pardo completely bypasses the main Protoss base in the middle by taking a group of Vikings around the side of it and then transforming them into their walker form. He then sends them after the artifact which is guarded by some Colossus and Zealots. Pardo gets completely walloped and is forced to cheat by calling up console and entering in "cheat" to instantly summon two Thors and three Battlecruisers. Pardo enters the cheat again and summons another group of Thors and Battlecruisers. After retrieving the artifact, the mission ends and the game returns to the bridge. Raynor's second-in-command jokes that the mission was surprisingly easy.

Pardo then sends Raynor into the ship's cantina in search of Findlay who is no longer in the bridge. A cutscene is triggered as Raynor walks through the hallway towards the cantina. He pulls out a flask and takes a sip. The camera moves around ominously to suggest that Raynor's not alone in the hallway. Raynor, with his hand on his holster, spins around to find Zeratul who appears to be wounded. Zeratul tells him that the Xel' Naga have returned and that they must find the other artifacts or else the Xel' Naga will bring about the "end to everything." The demonstration ends and then they open up the floor to questions. I won't waste your time with them since most of the questions were pretty useless (i.e. Can I make an FPS with the included map maker?)

Videos:

http://www.gamespot.com/events/blizzcon07/videos.html?tag=event_nav;videos

paidia exo mia aporeia pou den exo lysei akoma

se widescreen othones pos tha einai to SC2???

(eimai se skepseis gia othonh, kai to SC2 tha pexei ton mono logo gia na paro 4:3 othonh h 16:9 :P)

exei diavasei kaneis kati sxetiko?

btw to Terran update (an kai den exei teliosei akoma) arxizei na deixnei to balance metaxy ton species (and yeah, viking rules :P)

akoma omos perimeno na do an tha exoun kati antistoixo tou mothership, kapoio super weapon (ion canon, lol)

to thor den einai unique unit, mporeis na exeis perissotera apo ena

episis mallon den tha exei dynanothta na metaferthei over the air, tha prepei na to xtiseis sthn apenanti pleyra :P

edit:

molis eida kai to videaki pou edose o priv, RESPECT

kai akoma den ta exoume dei ola oson afora tous terran, xoria oti menoun kai oi zerg

epishs fainete oti to game einai 16:9 me ena arketa prosegmeno panel :)

alithia ayta ta trella in game animations tha mporei na ta dei o paikths kata voulish?

oxi oti tha allaxoun kati sto gameplay, alla tha exei gousto

Δημιουργήστε ένα λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Εγγραφείτε με νέο λογαριασμό στην κοινότητα μας. Είναι πανεύκολο!

Δημιουργία νέου λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Συνδεθείτε τώρα

• Δημιουργία νέου...