Προς το περιεχόμενο

AMD Zen 5 (Granit Ridge/Turin) AM5 - Ryzen/Threadripper/Epyc

Aten-Ra

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

• Απαντ. 38
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση

Συχνή συμμετοχή στο θέμα

Θα έχει καινούριο chipset πέρα απο τη συμβατότητα με τα υπάρχοντα; Όπως με το B350 πήγαμε στο B450 με τους ZEN2;

Θα βγεί τέλος του 2024 ή μέσα στο 1ο εξάμηνο;

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• 2 εβδομάδες αργότερα...
Δημοσ. (επεξεργασμένο)

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-interview-ai-zen-4-strategy/

Μερικά σημεία από την συνέντευξη,  

Zen 5 Preview

Any hints on the improvements you're working on for the Zen 5 architecture?

What we are looking for with Zen 5 is to bring it into the desktop space as quickly as we possibly can. As excited as we are about Zen 4, I think what you've seen from AMD is that every step in that processor core architecture gives us just such an amazing uplift in terms of capability, in terms of IPC, in terms of performance across every possible workload that you see in desktop and mobile applications. We're working very, very hard to get it into the market as fast as possible, I know that Mark has talked in the past about how Zen 5 is on-track, it's in-design, it's taped-out etc so we are working very hard on it and I think you're going to be very excited when you see that product come to market.

P- and E-Cores?

How do you feel about hybrid CPU architectures? Does it make sense to bring the Zen 4c core to desktop?

I know that Mark Papermaster talked a lot of about different core types coming into our portfolio. I guess what I would say is that as we've looked at different core types there's probably two things that are overarching factors that we think about in terms of how they fit into the portfolio. One is the notion that P-Cores and E-Cores that the competition uses is not the approach that we plan on taking at all. Because I think the reality is that when you get to the point of having core types with different ISA capabilities or IPC or things like that, it makes it very complicated to ensure that the right workloads are scheduled on the right cores, consistently.

You know what I think about when we think about different core targeting is more the question of "what type of environment is this particular core going into?" Is it an environment that's power constrained like a notebook, or is it a power-unconstrained environment like a desktop. I think that those factors are going to drive first-and-foremost how we use different core types in our roadmap in the future and I think the benefits that you see of the cloud-optimized c-core that we've talked about is in the past is something that has a significant benefit in performance per watt that fits better in a power-constrained environment. Does that make its way into a desktop processor where you're power-unconstrained, I think that's a harder argument to make. We're constantly looking at different core types, how they might fit into our architectures in the future, but I think there's some more obvious places where different core types come in and bring an advantage much more quickly than in the desktop space.

So mobile, laptops?
I think laptops are a far more practical application for where you might see that adopted much more quickly.

Επεξ/σία από Aten-Ra

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/amd-ryzen-7-8700x-and-strix-point-spotted-hybrid-cpu-with-8p-and-8e-cores/

Ωπ, τι έγινε θα πειραματιστεί τελικά και η AMD με το υβριδικό σύστημα; Άλλαξε γνώμη παρότι είχε αποκλείσει πριν 1.5 χρόνο ένα τέτοιο ενδεχόμενο;! 

Όχι

Αναφορά σε κείμενο

Zen 5 and Zen 5c are based on the same ISA (Instructure Set Architecture) with support for the same set of instructions, including AVX-512. The only difference is in terms of the L3 cache, which has been trimmed to save die space.

Το "The only difference is in terms of the L3 cache, which has been trimmed to save die space." δεν είναι ακριβές. Ναι μεν είναι ίδιο ISA αλλά η διαφορά δεν είναι μόνο στην cache, είναι άλλη σχεδίαση με χαμηλότερη κατανάλωση που όμως δεν ανεβαίνει ψηλά σε clocks - τουλάχιστον απ' ότι φαίνεται στους Epyc που χρησιμοποιούν Zen4c.

Αν όντως βγει τέτοιος επεξεργαστής λογικά θα έχει άλλα clock limits στα Zen5 cores και άλλα στα Zen5c cores.

• 3 εβδομάδες αργότερα...
  • Super Moderators
9 hours ago, thanosAIAS said:

Ελπίζω αυτή τη φορά να βγάλει με τους zen 5 και τους 3d ταυτόχρονα.

Για κάποιο λόγο αμφιβάλω... :(

• Sad 1

Δημιουργήστε ένα λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Εγγραφείτε με νέο λογαριασμό στην κοινότητα μας. Είναι πανεύκολο!

Δημιουργία νέου λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Συνδεθείτε τώρα

• Δημιουργία νέου...