Προς το περιεχόμενο

Gears of War 2

privateer

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

• Απαντ. 602
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση

Hello everyone MDK here, I just got back from the first day of E for All. I got the chance to play Gears of War 2 and while I was there I got to play the highly anticipated Horde Mode.

Horde mode is the five person cooperative mode where it puts you and four friends against wave after wave of locust with an increasing harder difficulty with each level completed. The Horde mode was playable on three different maps: Day One, Pavilion, and River. Pavilion is the newest map to be shown to the public; you can find it in the video documentary Every Gun Has a Story. Pavilion is the map with the autumn type feel to it with falling leaves and a light orange/yellow tint with a city background.

While playing horde I had noticed the achievement tracker was active and after the day a few people got some achievements. Speaking of achievements, at the beginning of the day the highest level of horde I managed to complete was level ten and towards the end of the day after people got used to playing was level seventeen. It seemed that the best level out the three available was Day One because of the high ground advantage and ability to get the power weapons.

The first few waves were easy to complete and started with wretches and normal locust grunts, but as people progressed through farther the difficulty quickly started to ramp up then butchers (Huge locust with meat cleavers) and scorchers (Huge locust with the flamethrower backpacks) started to appear . Then around wave six the Kantus makes an appearance and starts reviving his fallen comrades. The farthest I got was about level 10 and that is when the Blood mounts started showing up...

...causing lots of problems killing all of us very quickly. The AI in Horde isn't dumb when it comes to picking up their fallen team mates and grouping up on you especially if you're in a corner. One thing I noticed was the Hammer of Dawn has about four shots of energy in it to use before its empty.

While at the booth the difficulty was set to Hardcore, which a lot of people had fun with it and mostly the better players were getting around or past level ten before dying. Horde can be played on all difficulties including insane, which I was told the best players at Epic have only gotten to level seven on insane difficulty. Looks like we have a goal to shoot for when the game comes out.

gow2_crumble.gif

gow2_flamethrower.gif

gow2_shotty2bodyv2.gif

gow2_multikill.gif

gow2_explode.gif

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

Gears of War 2 Goes Gold

The year's biggest blockbuster has gone gold!

“After two years of pouring our heart and passion into ʽGears of War 2,ʼ the team is immensely happy with what weʼve created,” said Epic Games Design Director Cliff Bleszinski. "This is Epicʼs best work yet, and we canʼt wait to see the response from fans and newcomers to the series alike.”

“Gears of War 2” tells the story of humanity's last stand against the nightmarish, underground Locust Horde, and is the follow-up to one of the most popular Xbox 360 games in history. “Gears of War 2” is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB and will be available exclusively on Xbox 360 with an M.S.R.P of $59.99 for the Standard Edition and $69.99 for the Limited Edition.

With just 28 days until the worldwide launch on Nov. 7, fans can immerse themselves in the “Gears of War” universe through a new experiential Web site, a “Gears of War 2” video documentary series, a “Gears of War” comic book series, novel and special merchandise:

Αρχειοθετημένο

Αυτό το θέμα έχει αρχειοθετηθεί και είναι κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

• Δημιουργία νέου...