Προς το περιεχόμενο

Νέα για DSL

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

Hello to every body.

This is Vasilis from the US and I am writing regardless to explain something about the Internet Access According my personal experience in the internet connections.

First I want to explain my self why I chose the English language to write. It is because I want every one to understand around the internet what Ote is trying to do in Greece. I want to be as much I can more reliable I can so you will not start ague with me.

I am one of the thousands Greek internet users that started to connect on the internet since 1995. It was the year that bought my first modem and I got register as dial-up user with one of the Athenian internet Internet providers for 4 years. Soon I contact with OTE managers and I Upgraded my telephone line to ISDN. This was my biggest mistake of my life. Every time I was trying to get connect with my ISP, the telephone charges were so high that I started to get crazy. Even the EPAK wasn't good enough to decrees the hundreds of Drachmas per month.

I went back to OTE to complain about the charges. They couldn't give a good clue or explanation about it. You know how it works. They are not capable to print out a shied. And I request to get me back my original line. They told me that was impossible. Ones they Upgrade the line, that was not possible to change it back again. What a nightmare.

Finally I disconnect my phone for 6 months, because I couldn't pay the bill. Later they send me another bill to pay for maintains the line that I didn't have any more. it was 25.000Dr that time.

I got freaked out and I said to my self. Bill this is the time to get out of this Hell for good.

So I found with in one month the way to move permanently to US.

Here thinks are totally different from the Greek chaotic bureaucracy. Everything is organized and perfect to me. All my bills are paid direct with credit card or money order, with out waiting for infinity hours on the line at OTE's cahiers desk. All my bills have analytic reports via the internet.

This is heaven to me.

My first connection here in the Internet was in the year 2000 with ADSL. The cost is so low that I could connect in the Internet for 24hours every, and pay only $20 per month. No connection fee, not extra charges, and with speed up to 1mbit. The installation was so easy on the existing line , that I didn't have to change nothing at my existing line. They send me the modem with 6-free of charges splitters for every room at the house I had to use the computer.

How much would you pay for this service in Greece? I paid only $100 for the Alcatel modem that time with a year contract with BellSouth. Cool.

My next step was Cable-digital TV. Cooler. You don't know what this is. This is a coaxial cable that comes at the house from the ground. This little RG-59 wire has 150 television channels, Plus internet. Yes Internet. Faster that ADSL or DSL.

With in a month I switched to Cable Internet Access with COX-Cable witch is 3 times faster that ADSL. Yes it is 3.0Mbit/s. I have now a Toshiba cable modem and I paid $50. There is not any extra charges in this service at all, and I have my computer all-day-ON. It doesn't have to dial-up any more.

Now in Greece, how much will you pay for this service in the Future? A million? A Billion ?

You cannot pay it because it doesn't exist. Even thou will be in the Future, it will take 100 years to cable all over the country. This project started in the US late 60's, and now every little house all over the US has cable-TV and Internet.

OTE has the monopoly of the communications in the country, and it doesn't allowed any one individual to create new business in any field. It tries to sell old technology as new to all of those have the money to buy. The buy the technology very cheap and they sell very expensive.

When this will stop? The answer is never.

What about Satellite Internet Access? Can any Greek have Satellite Internet? Or is prohibit?

I am planning with in the next year to get it. Because is gets cheaper. I want to have 10Mbit down stream, and pay some extra money if this worths it.

What do you think?

Thanks for the reading and Get Safe Internet Surfing.

Vasilis.

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

• Απαντ. 713
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση

Συχνή συμμετοχή στο θέμα

Hello to every body.

This is Vasilis from the US and I am writing regardless to explain something about the Internet Access According my personal experience in the internet connections.

First I want to explain my self why I chose the English language to write. It is because I want every one to understand around the internet what Ote is trying to do in Greece. I want to be as much I can more reliable I can so you will not start ague with me.

I am one of the thousands Greek internet users that started to connect on the internet since 1995. It was the year that bought my first modem and I got register as dial-up user with one of the Athenian internet Internet providers for 4 years. Soon I contact with OTE managers and I Upgraded my telephone line to ISDN. This was my biggest mistake of my life. Every time I was trying to get connect with my ISP, the telephone charges were so high that I started to get crazy. Even the EPAK wasn't good enough to decrees the hundreds of Drachmas per month.

I went back to OTE to complain about the charges. They couldn't give a good clue or explanation about it. You know how it works. They are not capable to print out a shied. And I request to get me back my original line. They told me that was impossible. Ones they Upgrade the line, that was not possible to change it back again. What a nightmare.

Finally I disconnect my phone for 6 months, because I couldn't pay the bill. Later they send me another bill to pay for maintains the line that I didn't have any more. it was 25.000Dr that time.

I got freaked out and I said to my self. Bill this is the time to get out of this Hell for good.

So I found with in one month the way to move permanently to US.

Here thinks are totally different from the Greek chaotic bureaucracy. Everything is organized and perfect to me. All my bills are paid direct with credit card or money order, with out waiting for infinity hours on the line at OTE's cahiers desk. All my bills have analytic reports via the internet.

This is heaven to me.

My first connection here in the Internet was in the year 2000 with ADSL. The cost is so low that I could connect in the Internet for 24hours every, and pay only $20 per month. No connection fee, not extra charges, and with speed up to 1mbit. The installation was so easy on the existing line , that I didn't have to change nothing at my existing line. They send me the modem with 6-free of charges splitters for every room at the house I had to use the computer.

How much would you pay for this service in Greece? I paid only $100 for the Alcatel modem that time with a year contract with BellSouth. Cool.

My next step was Cable-digital TV. Cooler. You don't know what this is. This is a coaxial cable that comes at the house from the ground. This little RG-59 wire has 150 television channels, Plus internet. Yes Internet. Faster that ADSL or DSL.

With in a month I switched to Cable Internet Access with COX-Cable witch is 3 times faster that ADSL. Yes it is 3.0Mbit/s. I have now a Toshiba cable modem and I paid $50. There is not any extra charges in this service at all, and I have my computer all-day-ON. It doesn't have to dial-up any more.

Now in Greece, how much will you pay for this service in the Future? A million? A Billion ?

You cannot pay it because it doesn't exist. Even thou will be in the Future, it will take 100 years to cable all over the country. This project started in the US late 60's, and now every little house all over the US has cable-TV and Internet.

OTE has the monopoly of the communications in the country, and it doesn't allowed any one individual to create new business in any field. It tries to sell old technology as new to all of those have the money to buy. The buy the technology very cheap and they sell very expensive.

When this will stop? The answer is never.

What about Satellite Internet Access? Can any Greek have Satellite Internet? Or is prohibit?

I am planning with in the next year to get it. Because is gets cheaper. I want to have 10Mbit down stream, and pay some extra money if this worths it.

What do you think?

Thanks for the reading and Get Safe Internet Surfing.

Vasilis.

• 4 εβδομάδες αργότερα...

loiponnn exw mia eidisoula oti se 15 meres perhpou spaei to monopolio twn modem pou egathista o ote kai tha exeis thn dinatotita na pareis opoio goustareis monos sou!shmera perasa apo ta paidia tou p(ote) kai den eixan eidea katw sthis plhrofories ti einai i dsl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D den kanw plaka....telika me ta polla vrikame to tmhma exipirethseis dsl!gia tou endiaferomenous einai ston 4 orofo me to pou vgeneis apo to asanser aristera to tetarto grafio sto dexi sou xeri (i kapou ekei :D )gia na mhn kanette voltes askopa kai thn diefkolinsi sas... :wink:

Τώρα σπάει; Εγώ έκανα αίτηση γιά DSL πριν από σχεδόν ένα μήνα και δε με υποχρέωσαν να αγοράσω modem. Παρ'όλο που από τον ΟΤΕ μου είπαν ότι οι ενεργοποιήσεις αργούν, η δική μου γραμμή ήταν έτοιμη μετά από 10 μέρες.

Απλά, επειδή στον ΟΤΕ επικρατεί ένα απίστευτο μπάχαλο, κάθε κατάστημα κάνει ότι θέλει. Στο ένα σου λένε ότι πρέπει να πάρεις modem απ'αυτούς και να σου κάνουν και εγκατάσταση, ενώ σε άλλο σου λένε φυσικότατα ότι μπορείς να αγοράσεις όποιο modem θέλεις και να το εγκαταστήσεις μόνος σου. Εγώ πλήρωσα στον ΟΤΕ μόνο 50€ γιά την ενεργοποίηση.

Epitelous arxizei na 3ypanei k o pOTEs, an k eixa thn entyposi pos auto 8a eprepe na exei hdh 3ekinisei apo ton termatismo tou pilotikou.

Ipopsin oti apo vivo sthn periptosi pou patas se diko ths dslam tote einai diki sou epilogi ti modem 8a pareis arkei na einai symvato.

Το θέμα όμως είναι "ποιό modem είναι συμβατό";

Με αυτό ακριβώς το επιχείρημα, ο ΟΤΕ ανάγκαζε τον κόσμο να αγοράζει απ'αυτόν τα μοναδικά modems που είχαν πιστοποιηθεί ως συμβατά με τα DSLAMs του.

Κανονικά, θα έπρεπε με το τέλος του πιλοτικού προγράμματος να υπάρχει λίστα με όλα τα συμβατά μοντέλα γιά να μπορεί ο καθένας να αγοράζει όποιο θέλει, αλλά ο ΟΤΕ Α.Ε. δεν το έκανε γιά να μπορεί να πουλάει τα modems της Intracom με κέρδος πάνω από 100% (αν όχι, γιατί έριξε την τιμή κατά 50% όταν η κατάσταση έφτασε στο απροχώρητο; ).

• 5 εβδομάδες αργότερα...

Συμφωνώ μαζί σου dim_b. Αυτό όφειλε να είναι ένα από τα αποτελέσματα του πιλοτικού προγράμματος του ΟΤΕ, όμως το πιλοτικό στα μάτια μου ήταν μια αποτυχία που κόστισε χρόνο και χρήμα σε όσους δεν είχαν τότε την τύχη να πάρουν μια τζάμπα DSL.

Αλήθεια, ξέρει κανείς τι παίζει ακριβώς με τη συμβατότητα των modems? Πέρα από το κλασσικό Intracom DSLAM=Intracom Modem και Siemens DSLAM=Siemens modem, τα modem της Zyxel τα έχω δει να παίζουν και σε Intracom DSLAM και σε Siemens DSLAM. Υπάρχει πουθένα καμμιά λίστα συμβατότητας modem-DSLAM?

• 2 μήνες μετά...

egw pantws aytes tis meres sto hrakleio krhths kai me adsl 384/128 apo tellas mono anaba8misi kai kalitereysh den eida...antistrofos sernomai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!25 k/s max enw mexri twra de katebaina katw apo 45 k/s!!!ti egine,mpoukose to dslam i apautonete i tellas?

kai epipleon an nomizei o ote dinei grigoro internet as gelaso.....ego pou xrhsimopiw sixna pikna kai to doriforiko internet katebazw me 140 kb/s kai anw.den to lew gia na sas thn pw oti exo satelite net apla mhn nomizei o potes oti dinei fast internet o palio traboukos

• 4 εβδομάδες αργότερα...

Συγκεντρωτικός Πίνακας Τιμών από την ΕΕΧΙ για ADSL και όχι μόνο!

PS!!! Διαβάστε τις επεξηγήσεις για να αποφευχθούν παρερμηνείες...

Αληθεια, η Intraconnect υπάρχει ακόμα;;;

http://www.eexi.net/content/xdsl-adsl-dsl.php

stazzy

• 1 μήνα μετά...

siga min uparxei akoma i ic. tin ekeleise o ote me diaforous eligmous tou

oson afora auta pou leei o filos o vasilis, exei apoluto dikio. o ote mas ksezoumise xronia me tous logariasmous tou tilefwnou kai molis vgike antagwnismos egine to kalo paidaki me tis ews kai 35 % ekptwseis.

Oson afora to internet, mas poulouse tin upertexnologia tis isdn (me epak fusika, min xasei kai tin xronoxrewsi) kai sto ekswteriko eixan sindeseis twn Mbps pamfthina.

Min ksexante kai tin kompina me ta netmod, otan auta itan ruthmismena na sikwnoun apo mona tous to deutero kanali. an omws eixe kapoios 64 tote o isp to erixne kai auto meta prospathouse apo mono tou na ksananoiksei.

Kai ola auta sto paraskinio, me ton user na min katalavainei ti ginetai, na plirwnei omws kathe fora pou paei na anoiksei to deutero kanali. kai meta erxontai trelloi logariasmoi. skefteite olo auto na ginetai gia mia wra!!!

I ousia einai oti o ote exei monopwlio. einai i moni etaireia me xalkina kalwdia stin ellada. oles oi upolloipes tou plirwnoun xrimata. kai den mporei kaneis na piesei ton ote. auto pou ekane tosa xronia kai sinexizei kai tha sunexizei na kanei einai megali apati. einai san na vgei aurio i eudap kai na pei "kserete, 5plasiazw tin timi tou kuvikou" alla allo einai to nero kai allo to internet

• 4 μήνες μετά...

Δημιουργήστε ένα λογαριασμό ή συνδεθείτε για να σχολιάσετε

Πρέπει να είστε μέλος για να αφήσετε σχόλιο

Δημιουργία λογαριασμού

Εγγραφείτε με νέο λογαριασμό στην κοινότητα μας. Είναι πανεύκολο!

Δημιουργία νέου λογαριασμού

Σύνδεση

Έχετε ήδη λογαριασμό; Συνδεθείτε εδώ.

Συνδεθείτε τώρα

• Δημιουργία νέου...