Προς το περιεχόμενο

Gears of War 2

privateer

Προτεινόμενες αναρτήσεις

• Απαντ. 602
  • Δημ.
  • Τελ. απάντηση

Mark Rein: 360 Unreal will contain Gears 2 'surprise'

How will Epic handle the online side? Gears Of War was popular online but it had its problems with host advantage and lag.

I'm not here today to talk about Gears Of War 2 but I'll tell you, it's a much better game.

So the online side will be sorted out?

I'm not here to talk about Gears Of War 2 but it's a much better game than the original. And you know, there might be a little Gears Of War 2 related surprise on the disc of Unreal Tournament 3. That's all I'm saying about that.

That's all you're saying?

That's all I'm saying.

When do we find out about that?

Soon.

You're not going to say anymore? You can't drop a bomb like that and walk away from it!

Sure I can. I just did!

Συνδέστε για να σχολιάσετε
Κοινοποίηση σε άλλες σελίδες

NYCC '08: Talking Gears 2 and So Much More

We sit with the President of Epic Games to discuss everything from Gears 2 to GTA IV to the length of Portal.

IGN: It seems like right now you guys are focusing on… you revealed the tech at GDC – Unreal Engine 3.5 or whatever you guys call it – then the character reveals. When are going to see some gameplay?

Capps: Multiplayer is next. All of the gameplay mechanics, related to shooting stuff, appears in multiplayer gameplay. We just did a bunch of multiplayer playests this week with some print media and that should hit in a month or so. We've still got new weapons that will be introduced, new characters, and still new mechanics. That's what's next.

IGN: How far along is the game right now? 50 percent? 60 percent? Alpha, Beta? Pre?

Capps: Ah, we don't do percentages, but we're pre-alpha for sure. We're a lot further along than we were with Gears 1 at this time frame. Gears 1 was kind of a miracle that we shipped it when we did. Our guys crunched like crazy and all sort of came together at the last minute. If you've seen the documentary that we did on Gears, we were gonna cut multiplayer the week before E3 because it was so ****ed up. We put it together and it was great. This one, I feel a lot better about it, I think is the right way to say it. We'll make it on time.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/868/868001p1.html

Jonesing for your first taste of Gears of War 2 gameplay footage? Fortunately you don't have too long to wait.

Gametrailers TV just secured themselves the first in-game footage from the game. The bad news? It won't be airing until May 9 at 1 a.m. The good news? The footage, which features Marcus Fenix, includes a special introduction by bunny-loving Epic game designer Cliff Bleszinski.

For a few weeks Iʼve been hinting about a major GTTV announcement. Well the time has come to share it with you. On Friday May 9th we will be globally unveiling the gameplay of a little game called Gears of War 2. This is the first time anyone in the world will see Gears 2 in motion. Of course weʼre doing it in high-definition and only on Spike!

Epic and Microsoft Game Studios have kept a tight lid on what is easily one of 2008ʼs most anticipate games, so weʼre beyond thrilled to be working with them for this exclusive reveal. Believe me when I say that this will be a very substantive look at Gears 2 in action. Cliff Bleszinski will be personally introducing the footage and I know you are going to be blown away by what you see!

Weʼve had some truly amazing reveals over the past few years (including Call of Duty 4 last April), but let me just say you ainʼt seen nothing yet. Donʼt forget that on Friday, June 13 we will be unveiling the gameplay of Resistance 2 for the first time as well.

And hereʼs the best news: Gears 2 and Resistance 2 are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the exclusives set for GTTV between now and E3. We even have another blockbuster thatʼs set to be unveiled between Gears and Resistance 2. Hopefully I can reveal that one soon! Any guesses?

Thanks as always for watching and for your support of the show.

Geoff

PS, wait until you hear about the rest of the May 9th show! Letʼs just say that Gears 2 isnʼt the only world exclusive set for that episode....

Speaking of exclusive footage, the countdown is on for next week's global premiere of the gameplay from Gears of War 2 only on Spike TV. Let me just say that you will NOT be disappointed. We'll be showcasing footage from the campaign mode (yes, single-player) and you'll see a lot more footage than you might expect: 2 minutes of gameplay in high-definition. This is the biggest exclusive out there. You definitely don't want to miss it next Friday night on Spike.

Hey all -- Well it's almost time for the exclusive you've all been waiting for: The world premiere of Gears of War 2 gameplay. It's happening FIRST and ONLY on GameTrailers TV on Spike. I've seen the footage and I promise it's well worth the wait. 2 minutes of the campaign await you in glorious high-definition! Sit back, watch and enjoy. Yes there will be some chainsawing but look for some other BIG surprises as well! You are going to be blown away by the scope of the battle.

http://geoffmk.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php?action=viewblog&id=294836

Hey all -- Well it's almost time for the exclusive you've all been waiting for: The world premiere of Gears of War 2 gameplay. It's happening FIRST and ONLY on GameTrailers TV on Spike. I've seen the footage and I promise it's well worth the wait. 2 minutes of the campaign await you in glorious high-definition! Sit back, watch and enjoy. Yes there will be some chainsawing but look for some other BIG surprises as well! You are going to be blown away by the scope of the battle.

http://geoffmk.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php?action=viewblog&id=294836

Ε ρε γλέντια....

Αρχειοθετημένο

Αυτό το θέμα έχει αρχειοθετηθεί και είναι κλειστό για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

• Δημιουργία νέου...